FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 10th, 2022
Dr. Rhonda L. Hamilton – (240) 274-9436; email@example.com
Mr. Perry Redd – (202) 717-7729; firstname.lastname@example.org
(WASHINGTON, DC) -The Healthy DC & Me Leadership Coalition is “Calling All Advocates”!
In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!” #WhatAboutWoodberry? DC Officials Continue to Allow Slumlords to Reign!
The Healthy DC & Me Leadership Coalition is summoning all advocates in the name of “justice” for the many families who reside at Woodberry Village Apartments in Ward 8 S.E., Washington, D.C. Many families of Woodberry Village for the past 2 years, have detailed accounts of:
- no heat,
- rodent infestation,
- ADA violations,
- mold & asbestos hazardous concerns (foul smells emitting throughout property),
- falling ceilings,
- inoperable heating units,
- faulty electrical,
- safety concerns,
- retaliatory management behavior,
- subpar renovations & repairs,
- questionable “stay dc” tenant subsidies and reimbursements,
- no hot water,
- diminished mental capacities.
- the Ward 8 Councilmember Trayon White,
- the Attorney General Mr. Karl Racine & his representatives to include Jennifer Berger,
- At-Large Councilmember Robert White,
- Mayor Bowser
- DC Chairperson Phil Mendelson
- At-Large Councilmember Anita Bonds
- and too many more District controlled agencies, ignored and left District families of Woodberry Village exposed to ongoing documented “slumlord” realities and conditions for at least 2 years? Why are these elected officials choosing to protect the Jewish property owners over an entire community of low-income Black citizens and seniors in distress? Enough is enough! Shame on you D.C.!
Join us today as we go “live” from the property. Come support Woodberry Village citizens as they fight to keep their resolve alive! D.C. is a “human rights” city, and our coalition is calling for accountability, justice, audits, answers, hearings, vacated positions, and as At-Large Councilmember White “unaccountably” told the residents on Jan. 27, 2022, “heads will roll”! DCRA has fined over 250 (+) violations and still the tenants have found no relief from this ownership! Formal “Receivership” request made to the OAG’s office in writing and still no relief from this city! #WhatAboutWoodberry? DC you have been silent for too long!!!
Join our Leadership Coalition at 7PM in Woodberry Village at 2244 Savannah Terrace SE, Wash., DC 20020 as we go “Live” on FB with the “Palms Up” community awareness show, to help citizens of Woodberry Fight the Power! For More Info: www.healthydcandme.org
Dr. Rhonda L. Hamilton
M.I. Mother’s Keeper
Healthy D.C. & Me Leadership Coalition
Facebook: Rhonda L. Hamilton
Facebook: Healthy DC & ME Coalition